Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Preparing my heart.

My quest to find the way to His heart led me to realise I need to prepare my heart first before I begin my journey into His presence. 

As I meditated on 1John 1:9 "If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action], I believe God places a high value on the confession of my sins. When I come before Him and freely admit that I have sinned it takes me to a whole new level in Him. 
 
King David said it so beautifully in Psalm 32:5 "I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord [continually unfolding the past till all is told]--then You [instantly] forgave me the guilt and iniquity of my sin.  

It is also interesting to note that in verse 3 he says "When I kept silence [before I confessed], my bones wasted away through my groaning all the day long."  I also find it hard to enter His presenc
 e or enjoy the fullness of fellowship with Holy Spirit when I have unconfessed sin.  On days when I have that 'just can't break through feeling'  I know I need to offer my heart for a cleansing once again.
 
I questioned for a long time is confession enough?  Until I realised confession and repentance are best friends and will always go together.  Repentance, which means I will be changing my mind for the better, heartily amending my ways, and abhorring my past sins.  Easier said than done right? I totally agree.

This is where 1John 1:9 causes my heart to do somersaults.  He has promised that whenever I come to Him and freely admit I have sinned,  He is faithful and He is just and He will dismiss my sin and continuously (I just like that word) cleanse me from everything that I have purposed, thought or done against His pleasing will. 
 
His great love for me has humbled me and I feel no shame to go before Him and tell all.  I am overwhelmed by God's steadfast love and abundant grace. Repentance flows freely at the thought of having grieved the heart of my Heavenly Daddy. Forgiveness and Cleansing are His precious gift to me!
 
It is a beautiful thing to be a child of the living God.  Long before it even crossed my mind He had already made a way for me to enter His heart and know His ways.  I thought I was pursuing Him and till I realised He always wanted to be found.  A divine Treasure Hunt........
 
Following hard after Him,
GideonsMantle
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment