Thursday, October 21, 2010

The R & R factor.


Remission & Reconciliation.

As I read the Bible these two words seemed to ignite a plethora of emotions in the depths of my being.  I remember my eyes skipping over these words as 'too big for me to handle right now' in my early walk  with the Lord.  The gentle nudges in my spirit wouldn't go away till one day in exasperation I said aloud "OK Lord what are you trying to tell me here?"

Ephesians 1:7 In Him we have redemption (deliverance and salvation) through His blood, the remission (forgiveness) of our offenses (shortcomings and trespasses), in accordance with the riches and the generosity of His gracious favor,

2 Corinthians 5:18-19 But all things are from God, Who through Jesus Christ reconciled us to Himself [received us into favor, brought us into harmony with Himself] and gave to us the ministry of reconciliation [that by word and deed we might aim to bring others into harmony with Him]. It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).

I protested, "this is too complicated Lord, I like things simple and clear and I want to see how this is relevant to ME."

As I sat meditating on these two scriptures, I felt the Lord highlight to me these two Rs.   

Remission meaning forgiveness and cancellation of every penalty that I deserve for my sins. and Reconciliation which means restoration of favour with God.

My heart went quiet within me.  I stopped fidgeting and the arrogance left me.  I realised that He had placed before me two of the greatest treasures of Heaven and allowed me a glimpse into His heart.

Even though I had know Jesus as my personal Saviour for a while now, the magnanimity of being forgiven my sins and getting back in favour with a Holy God had just sunk in.  God loved me so much that He sent His only Son, Jesus to bear the penalty for my sin and when I  chose to trust and rely on Jesus, it had brought me eternal fellowship and favour with a loving and holy God.  

Who was I that the God of heaven and earth should do such an amazing thing for me, a person far from ignorant to sin.  I have learnt since then, it is just normal for Him to do things like that!  "According to the riches and the generosity of His gracious favor". Awesome God.

I have treasured these two Rs greatly and was happy for quite a while with this new revelation knowledge that He had granted ME (as I liked to think!).  I often would go back over the times when I had these "moments" with God.  Then I felt the nudge again!  Did I miss something Lord?  Ah....there it is ...Reconciliation is referred to as a message, a ministry....which means that by my words and deeds I must aim to bring others into harmony with Him. and I'm thinking , Lord this will keep me busy for a while!

So here I am, so loving the way the Bible speaks loud and clear and relevant for our present day lives! 

Falling more in love with Him each day.
GideonsMantle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUykOG0xhEk&ob=av2e
 Thanks JD for pointing me to this apt song :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment